Had the chance to check out the Levi’s stadium last Friday. The first US professional football stadium to achieve LEED gold certification. How does it feel? To be honest, it feels like any other stadium 😛
Here are some cool facts about the stadium.
- 100% of the wood used in the Citrix Owners Suites is reclaimed wood from a local airplane hangar at Moffett Field in Mountain View, CA.
- The stadium will use reclaimed water for both potable and non-potable uses such as the playing field irrigation water.
- The stadium’s concessionaire is focused on working with local suppliers to fulfill its farm-to-table menus, and will be composting and recycling to the greatest extent possible.
- The stadium is located on a sustainable site with accessible public transportation and bike path to lower greenhouse gases.
- The stadium will self-consume PV-electricity generated from its three NRG Energy solar-paneled pedestrian bridges and its one…
View original post 39 more words